news and events
COLLEGE HILL HOMES ON THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC HOMES
> list of homes

imagePRYOR HOUSE
263 S. Pershing

Listed in National Register 7/8/2009
Architect: Walter Morris (1892-1963) builder

This Colonial Revival-style residence was built in 1928 and is located in Wichita's College Hill neighborhood. It was built by residential real estate developers Walter L. Morris & Son as part of the Lincoln Heights subdivision, which they platted in 1927. City building permit files suggest the firm built approximately twenty residences in the Lincoln Heights subdivision. Ralph J. Pryor, an independent oil producer, purchased the home and lived there until 1943. The house is nominated as part of the "Residential Resources of Wichita, 1870-1957" multiple property listing for its association with the development of the neighborhood and for its Colonial Revival-style architecture.

image